IGDA 2021 Annual General Meeting Summary29 Sep 2021
On the 27th of September, the IGDA held our 2021 Annual General Meeting. In this meeting, the Executive Director, IGDA staff, and Board of Directors reviewed the progress of the IGDA over the last year and a half, since the last AGM. Dozens of IGDA members joined to watch the meeting and ask questions of our organization. The IGDA also discussed its plans for the future and the next year of planned events and support.
Watch the video recording in full to hear the updates from Renee Gittins, the Executive Director, Christopher Hamilton, the Treasurer, and the full IGDA Board of Directors as they answer questions from IGDA’s membership.
The main accomplishments that the IGDA celebrated included:
- Global Industry Game Awards, peer-determined awards to celebrate the contributions of individuals and discipline teams across the many facets of game development
- 2021 Developer Satisfaction Survey
- New whitepapers, including Guide for Game Companies: How to Create and Sustain a Positive Work Culture
- IGDA advocacy efforts
- COVID-19 Resources
- Growth of IGDA webinars
- Growth of IGDA’s Discord, with over 4,300 developers
- IGDA Global Mentorship Program to pair IGDA members with mentors who will provide business & career advice
- IGDA Game Showcase to promote and celebrate games created by IGDA members
- IGDA Coordinators to provide a stronger regional and SIG support network for developers
We hope that these programs and all of the others that the IGDA provides, from our Chapters and Special Interest Groups to our career resources help you and all others in the game development industry through these turbulent times. We want to ensure that we are not only providing you with the benefits and resources you need, but also the advocacy and support.
We here at the IGDA are always looking for ways that we can better support game developers, so please contact us if you have questions or recommendations.
Hi everyone – and happy timezone! We...
21 Sep 2022
Your monthly guide to NYC game dev news,...
New York - New York City9 Sep 2022
As the second week of the semester starts and...
Texas - UT Rio Grande Valley5 Sep 2022