Joining our Academic Affiliate Program helps you prepare your students for industry success by instantly connecting them with a global community of professional game developers. Student IGDA membership brings additional opportunities like the ability to form student IGDA chapters and access to industry discounts, mentorship, and game showcases through the IGDA.
IGDA Academic Affiliates also receive the following benefits:
- Logo and link on IGDA website
- IGDA Membership and benefits for all students
- Priority matching for student mentorship
- Access to 170+ communities of developers
- Ability to create an IGDA Student Chapter
- Full IGDA Resource Library
- Discounts (reports, conferences, software, etc.)
- Quarterly featured inclusions in the IGDA Insider
- Priority in IGDA Student Portfolio Showcase
- Free job postings for the institution
- Featured job placement in the IGDA Insider
- Discounted visa advisory letters for future employees at US-based institutions
IGDA Academic Affiliate rates:
- US$650/yr for institutions with 30 or fewer game development students (1 Faculty membership included)
- US$1,500/yr for institutions with 31-75 game development students (2 Faculty memberships included)
- US$2,000/yr for institutions with 76-100 game development students (3 Faculty memberships included)
- US$20 per student/yr for institutions with 101+ game development students (4 Faculty memberships included)
Email us at affiliates [at] igda [dot] org to get started! Is your school an IGDA Affiliate? Contact your Admissions department to learn how to take advantage of your benefits!
You can share the below IGDA student resources information with this PDF: IGDA Student Membership Benefits
Build Your Resume and Career
Our career development resources will keep you on the cutting edge and give you the boost you need to get the career opportunities you desire and succeed in them.
- Find a mentor in the IGDA Global Mentorship Program and get advice about your career
- Show your portfolio in the IGDA Student Portfolio Showcase for hundreds of employers to review
- Promote your game in the IGDA Game Showcase to 30,000+ other game developers
- Get valuable resume experience as an IGDA Volunteer or IGDA Student Chapter leader
- Participate and compete in IGDA student events like the eJam
- Have professionals review and provide feedback on your resume, portfolio, and projects
- Get early access to job postings, game industry specific career resources, and free career coaching in the IGDA Career Center
IGDA members join together to share knowledge, advance the state of the art, and support one another.
- Invite IGDA professionals to speak at your campus through your IGDA Student Chapter
- Attend IGDA webinars for free and enjoy discounts to talks at major game industry conferences
- Consult with subject matter experts in Special Interest Groups and exclusive AMAs
- Share YOUR expertise with speaking and exhibition opportunities at IGDA and partner-sponsored student events
Leverage a Global Network
The IGDA is your gateway to a network of thousands of game industry professionals from around the world, members and non-members alike.
- Browse over 100 local Chapters and global Special Interest Groups to meet developers in your area or connect with members worldwide
- Mingle at IGDA-hosted networking events at major game conferences like the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, US and Melbourne International Games Week in Australia
- Score exclusive discounts to dozens of game industry conferences and special events year-round
For inquiries about the IGDA Studio Affiliate Program or IGDA Academic Affiliate Program, contact us on our Contact Us page or email us at affiliates [at] igda [dot] org.