IGDA 2020 Annual General Meeting Summary17 Aug 2020
On August 13th, the IGDA held our 2020 Annual General Meeting. In this meeting, the Executive Director, IGDA staff, and Board of Directors reviewed the progress of the IGDA over the last year and a half, since the last AGM. Hundreds of IGDA members joined to watch the meeting and ask questions of our organization. The IGDA also discussed its plans for the future and provided annual awards, including a new set of awards for IGDA Chapters and SIGs.
Watch the video recording in full to hear the updates from Renee Gittins, the Executive Director, Tristin Hightower, the Director of Chapter and SIG Operations, and Christopher Hamilton, the Treasurer.
The main accomplishments that the IGDA celebrated over the last year included:
- IGDA advocacy efforts
- COVID-19 Resources
- Game Development Crisis Conference and Webinar Series
- Black in Games Panels
- Rival of IGDA webinars and the launch of IGDA’s Twitch
- Launch of IGDA’s Discord, with over 2,200 developers
- IGDA’s new website, which is mobile-friendly
- IGDA Global Mentorship Program to pair IGDA members with mentors who will provide business & career advice
- IGDA Game Showcase to promote and celebrate games created by IGDA members
- IGDA Regional Coordinators to provide a stronger regional support network for developers
- IGDA Industry Standards to improve the state of our industry for everyone within it
- 2019 Developer Satisfaction Survey
We hope that these programs and all of the others that the IGDA provides, from our Chapters and Special Interest Groups to our career resources help you and all others in the game development industry through these turbulent times. We want to ensure that we are not only providing you with the benefits and resources you need, but also the advocacy and support.
We here at the IGDA are always looking for ways that we can better support game developers, so please contact us if you have questions or recommendations.
IGDA Chapter and SIG Awards
Acknowledging growth, events, and advocacy, and celebrating the most outstanding Chapters and SIGs of the last year.
IGDA MVP Award – Tim Cullings
Ackowledging the person who has best advanced the IGDA’s mission over the past year.
Positive Impact Award – Game Jam Bogota
Acknowledging the person or organization who has led progress and had the most positive impact on our industry.
Lifetime Achievement Award – Rami Ismail
Recognizing the career and achievements of an outstanding developer who’s made an incredible impact on games.
Hello Everyone, I want to take this...
6 Dec 2022
The 7th annual Utah Game Developers Choice Awards were...
Utah - Salt Lake City4 Dec 2022
Hello Everyone, I hope you’re having a...
9 Nov 2022