Support Resources for Challenging Times20 Jan 2021
While we were all excited to leave the troubles and conflicts from 2020 behind us, 2021 has not started so smoothly. Not only have we seen COVID-19 cases rise, but also great political turmoil within the United States.
Many game developers, both within the US and from countries across the world, have expressed feeling anxiety, stress, anger, and other negative feelings.
It’s okay to not be okay.
And we have gathered some resources for you to help you through these challenging times.
- IGDA Local Chapters
- IGDA Special Interest Groups
- IGDA COVID-19 Resources
- Global Mentorship Program
- Game Development Crisis Conference (GDCC)
External Resources and Tools
- Take This Mental Health Resources and Tools
- You Feel Like Sh*t: An Interactive Self-Care Guide
- Self-Care Starter Kit
- Everything is Awful and I’m Not Okay
Nonpartisan US Voter Registration Organizations
- ActiVote America – http://www.activoteamerica.com
- Advancement Project– http://www.advancementproject.org
- Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now – http://www.acorn.org
- Close up Foundation/ First Vote- http://www.closeup.org/
- Declare Yourself – http://www.declareyourself.com
- Head Count — http://www.headcount.org/
- Hip-hop team vote — http://www.hsan.org
- Just Vote — http://www.justvote.org
- League of Women Voters – http://www.lwv.org
- NAACP – http://www.naacp.org
- The National Coalition on Black Civic Participation — http://www.bigvote.org
- National Low Income Housing Coalition- http://www.nlihc.org
- Non Profit Voter Engagement Network — http://www.nonprofitvote.org
- Project Vote – http://www.projectvote.org
- Rock the Vote — http://www.rockthevote.com
- Smackdown Your Vote– http://vote.wwe.com
- US-PIRG — http://www.uspirg.org/
- Vote 18 – http://www.vote18.org
- Women’s Voices, Women Votes — http://www.wvwv.org
- Ya es hora, ve y vota — http://www.yaeshora.info/sobre_ya_es_hora
- Yalla Vote — http://www.yallavote.org/
- 18 in 08- http://www.18in08.com/
Importance of Diversity Contrasts Lack of DEI Reporting Policies...
IGDA18 Oct 2021
IGDA recently met with a group of women from...
5 Oct 2021
Greetings, IGDA and other members of the game industry,...
4 Oct 2021