IGDA Perspectives Newsletter: “This Indie Life”31 May 2014
The May 2014 edition of the IGDA Perspectives newsletter, This Indie Life, is available!
- Letter from the Executive Director, Kate Edwards
- The Indie Life: How I Thought It Would Differ from AAA But Doesn’t, Judy Tryer
- Make Friends, Not Fairytales, Tim Stobo
- 6 Months in Heaven: My Indie Adventure, Michael Bertrand
- Industry Insights #2 with Tristan Moore, Zachary Snader
- IndieSpective: So You Want to Go Indie?, Robert Madsen
- Game Design Aspect of the Month: Good Free-to-Play Games, Howard Go
- Indie Business Development: Finding Funding (Incubators and Grants), Nina Park
- The Student View: Don’t Say “Publisher”, Suzanne Jackiw
- Industry Insights #3 with Patrick Klepek, Zachary Snader
- Who’s Afraid of the Big, Bad Bubble?, Chris Orris
For its June issue, the newsletter accepting submissions for “Educational Games: The Good Stuff”.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Design for educational games.
- Frameworks for developing educational games.
- Partnership structures for educational games.
- Using games developed specifically for educational contexts.
- Success stories.
- Lessons learned.
- Funding for educational games.
Please send articles of 500 words or more in length in Word format with a short third person bio and images attached separately to Editor-in-Chief Elizabeth LaPensée at beth [at] igda [dot] org by Friday, 13 June.
Letter from the ED – May 2023
Dear Game Dev, I hope you’re doing well. I...
23 May 2023
IGDA NYC Game Dev Digest – May 2023
Your monthly guide to NYC game dev news, jobs,...
New York - New York City15 May 2023
Letter from the ED – April 2023
Dear Game Dev, We’ve had a very busy...
18 Apr 2023