The IGDA Games Research and User Experience Special Interest Group (IGDA GRUX SIG) aims to improve games by improving the state of games user research and user experience work. Our main approach to doing this is to facilitate community and information sharing among user researchers and user experience professionals at game companies, consultants, and academia.
Our group is highly active, with some highlights including:
- An active Discord server with rich conversations, welcoming the full range of experience levels. Popular channels include ‘Questions & Mentoring’, ‘Careers’, and our ‘Question of the Week’
- Note that we have a strict code of conduct, and require all members to use their real name – please treat this as a professional space
- Yearly Summits, in both North America & Europe. We regularly get 200+ attendees, and feature multiple tracks for diverse interests & experience levels
- Note that due to coronavirus-19, this years’ Montreal Summit was cancelled, but we’re hoping to be back next year!
- Our members often give GDC talks, and we host a roundtable at GDC each year
Admission into the group is limited to professional game developers, user research and user experience professionals, and those in academia (professors & students) in fields related to games research and/or game development.
For more information & a variety of resources, please visit our website: https://grux.org/grux-sig/
The GRUX-SIG is part of the International Games Developer Association.
GRUX SIG Tackles Equity
May 20, 2022- Last week more than 400 game...Read More
Use this form to contact the IGDA Games Research and User Experience Special Interest Group.