IGDA Newsletter: “Board Games” Edition Plus January Call for Submissions2 Dec 2013
The November edition of the IGDA Perspectives newsletter, “Board Games!,” is available!
- Letter from the Executive Director, Kate Edwards
- Designing Gears of WarTM: The Board Game, Chris Mielke
- When Board Games Go Mobile, Martin Grider
- Board Games on Kickstarter: The Good, the Bad, and the Future, Timothy Fowers
- IndieSpective: Everything I Ever Needed To Know About Game Design I Learned from Board Games, Robert Madsen
- Game Design Aspect of the Month: Auctions as a Game Balancing Tool, Sebastian Sohn
- The Games Game: All Aboard!, Tom Sloper
- Board Game Design Groups, Josh Jones
- 48-Hour Cardboard, Kvasir Games
- Hands-On, Ken Bowen
- Building Designers, Benjamin Rivers
- Student Beat Faceoff: How Board Games Inform Video Games, Brandon Anderson
- Student Beat Faceoff: The Influences of Board Games on Video Games, Jonathan Gregoire
For its January issue, the newsletter is looking for content on “Art in Tight Spaces” a.k.a. art in mobile and social games.
- Trends of art in mobile/social games
- Interfaces in mobile/social games
- 3D art in mobile/social games
- Other topics
We are looking for pieces generally 500+ words. Please include a short third person bio and attach images separately.
Please send articles to email@example.com by Friday 13 December.
Hi Everyone, We are thrilled to ring in...
18 Jan 2023
Your monthly guide to NYC game dev news,...
New York - New York City14 Jan 2023
Your monthly guide to NYC game dev news, jobs,...
New York - New York City15 Dec 2022