Taking place during Pocket Gamer Connects Digital #2: a new fringe event dedicated to helping jobseekers take the next step in their career, and recruiters filling their recruitment gaps.
The games industry is always in a state of flux. New opportunities and companies spring up as old projects scale down. Many of the normal channels have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, as well as other companies having to make difficult decisions with layoffs.
To support jobseekers during this difficult time, we’re creating the first Pocket Gamer Connects Careers Week, to run during Pocket Gamer Connects Digital #2.
What it entails:
- Digital jobs board listing on the main event channel
- A mail-out of key vacancies to all attendees
- A virtual jobs fair (match-making event where we connect jobseekers with recruiters)
- Focused talks, panels and round-table discussions regarding recruitment
- Supporting editorial coverage on PocketGamer.biz
As part of this initiative, we are making a number of jobseeker tickets available free to people currently out of work and looking for a new role. This will not only give you access to the specific recruitment opportunities but also all other aspects of the Pocket Gamer Connects Digital #2 event (five days, ten tracks, 200+ speakers, access to MeetToMatch platform, Discord chat and more).
If you’d like to get involved and find the next step in your career, sign up here.
IGDA Members can save 20% to attend the event who are not job seeking! Visit the Discounts page for the code.