Welcome to IGDA’s eJam! This completely virtual game jam pairs students with professional game developers to jam out awesome game projects in just 48 hours!
This game jam is for students and aspiring game developers to provide them with game development skills, practice, mentorship, and networks that will benefit their career development.
Students everywhere have experienced severe disruption to their study and their lives as schools and universities have had to move online. The IGDA is hosting our first ever eJam completely virtually to help high school and college students learn more about game development while expanding their portfolios. This jam is being generously sponsored by Manticore Games, Obsidian Entertainment, and Unity.
The core goals for eJam are:
- Promote the academic and social benefits of game development, particularly in STEMs
- Teach students about tools and technology to advance their game development and general skills
- Provide students with important game development practice and knowledge
- Connect students with a valuable network of mentors and peers for a career in game development
- Help students build their portfolio for game development careers
- Alleviate stress and social isolation fatigue by providing students with an interesting and socially interactive experience
The eJam will run for 48 hours from 3pm PDT June 26 to 3pm PDT June 28, 2020. A keynote and introductory talks will be presented on June 26th at 12pm PDT.
Teams will consist of up to 5 student members and at least one professional game developer mentor. You can sign-up to mentor a team here.
If you or your company would be interested in sponsoring this event to support students, replace cancelled internships, and recruit the next generation of game developers, please contact us.