The mission of the IGDA is to advance the careers and enhance the lives of game developers by connecting members with their peers, promoting professional development, and advocating on issues that affect the developer community.
As a chapter, we express that mission and our values at a local level through the following objectives:
- To support and promote the work of local game creators and foster the development and exploration of games as a medium.
- To support and promote growth in the NYC game industry, encouraging the development of sustainable businesses and attracting and retaining talent locally.
- To support and promote local game education and youth programs.
- To promote adoption of and adherence to the IGDA code of ethics within our local companies and communities.
- To act as a portal for locating game development groups, opportunities, and resources in NYC. This includes meetups, companies, jobs, internships, education, coworking, events, and more.
- To offer an all-inclusive platform for local individuals interested in games and game development.
- To act as a voice to the local community, advocating for issues affecting the game industry and sharing the medium of games with new audiences.
- To act as a voice to the global game development community, celebrating the work and values of the NYC game industry.
IGDA NYC Game Dev Digest – May 2020
May 4, 2020 Editor: Matt Fisher A monthly publication of...Read More
IGDA NYC Game Dev Digest – March 2020
IGDA NYC Game Dev Digest Chapter and community news,...Read More
IGDA NYC Game Dev Digest – June 2019
click here for our latest newsletter.Read More
Use this form to contact the New York – New York City Chapter.