Welcome to IGDA Cincinnati!
IGDA Cincinnati is the game industry hub of southern Ohio. We’re a thriving group of artists, coders, musicians, writers, designers, planners, testers, teachers, project managers, marketers, lawyers, CEOs, and makers–all learning about and making games together! Our focus is on connecting game developers with community and opportunity in Cincinnati and the Midwest.
What to Expect
We meet twice a month, so there is always an opportunity to meet fellow members of the community and get started working on a new project!
Some of our events include but are not limited to:
- Game Jams
- Industry Speakers
- Game Design Analysis
- Support and promote the work of local game creators and foster the development and exploration of games as a medium.
- Support and promote growth in the Greater Cincinnati game industry, encouraging the development of sustainable businesses and attracting and retaining talent locally.
- Support and promote local game education and youth programs.
- Promote adoption of and adherence to the IGDA code of ethics within our local companies and communities.
- Act as a portal for locating relevant local groups, opportunities, and resources, including meetups, companies, jobs, internships, education, and events.
- Offer an all-inclusive platform for local individuals interested in games and game development.
- Act as a voice to the local community, advocating for issues affecting the game industry and sharing the medium of games with new audiences.
BECOME AN IGDA MEMBER
Becoming an IGDA member comes with local and international benefits, including:
- The opportunity to leverage a global network over 150 IGDA Chapters and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Access to exclusive IGDA knowledge
- Career help via the IGDA Career Center and events like the IGDA Mentor Café
- Discounts that include 25% on Unity Plus and 10% on Unity Pro; 10-30% on passes to major industry events around the world such as Nordic Game, Casual Connect, GDC, and DICE, to name a few; and 10% on the GDC Vault
Click here to become a member. To join this Cincinnati Chapter group you must be a registered IGDA member and signed into the site. Click “Sign In” in the upper right corner next to the search bar and login to continue. Then return to this page and click the “join” icon above the header image.
ABOUT THE IGDA
The IGDA is the world’s largest membership association for game developers. Our mission is to make game development a sustainable, fulfilling career for anyone with the desire and aptitude to pursue it. We have Chapters on six continents and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) led by developers around the world, all dedicated to supporting game developers at every stages of their career.
From aspirational game developer to veteran, hobbyist to expert, we work to help game developers worldwide by advocating for the interests of game developers, promoting constant improvement of the craft of game development, and, most importantly, connecting our members with their peers. We work to empower every game developer to impact their career and the industry, and Chapters and SIGs are some of the most important resources available to IGDA members and the game development community at large.
The IGDA is a non-profit membership organization, registered as a 501(c)6 entity in the United States. Learn more about the IGDA at www.igda.org/about.
Global Game Jam 2020 – IGDA Cincinnati
It’s that time of the year again! Global Game Jam is right around the corner, and IGDA Cincinnati is hosting this year at the University of Cincinnati! Yup yup,...Learn More
Use this form to contact the Ohio – Cincinnati Chapter.